CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Choco Layered Cheesecake

I made this chilled cheesecake a day before yesterday as dessert for our visitors who came last night. We had a simple BBQ dinner and I prepared (marinated) the chicken wings, the sliced beef, chicken drumbsticks and beef ribs by midday. Dear hubby bought some sausages too. In the afternoon, I started to boil the potatoes to make some potato salad. This would complement to BBQed dish.

By 7pm, while waiting for the visitors I decided to cook some fried rice - just in case the visitors didnt have appetite for the BBQ beef ribs, chicken wings ... heh heh..licin you..tu yang tak sempat ambik gambar tu.

Oh..I've digressed a bit, sorry..:-) Here's the recipe for the Choco Layered Cheesecake

Look at the cheesecake..almost sinful..I know..heh heh...


Ingredients :


500 gram cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cream cheese) - softened at room temperature

150 gram condensed milk (or you can add more if you prefer it sweeter)

175 gram butter (softened at room temperature)

Chocolate biscuits , or you can use digestive biscuits as well. Last night I used chocolate oreo biscuits sans the cream. I used about 30 - 40 pcs.

1 can Nestle Cream (I've thrown away the can after use..I'll confirm the weight later ok. Or you can refer to the pic of Puck Cream I've taken before this under Vanilla Cream recipe. Its the same type, but of different brand)

Directions :

1. Mix cream cheese, butter and condensed milk and beat well until smooth.

2. Add nestle cream - beat again.

3. Prepare tray or pyrex or any oven proofed container, line with aluminium foil. (I do this so that it is easier for me to take it out after cutting, but you can leave this step out if you wish)

4. First layer - put in the biscuits - its better if the biscuits are rectangular or square in shape so that it will totally cover the base. Pour the batter on top (about 1/2 - 1 cup) - repeat with laying the biscuits and pour the batter again on top. Repeat for few more layers or until you finished the batter.

5. Chill overnight.

3 comments:

Ezza Aziz said...

kalau pakai Tiger tu leh tak?

sebeb dia ada rectangle shape kan..semalam akak baru beli philly cheese..cream lupa lak nak beli..nanti gi cari kat Giant laa..Ynag dalam tu yer?..

Ezza Aziz said...

Tiger tu I meant Biskut tiger laa...lepas makan boleh lari laju..hehehe

Ummi365 said...

Ini nampak sedap. bilalah i nak menery masakan you ni. semua nak buat i nilah.. bag pun belum siap lagi.